| 0 comments ]

So, I'm not sure what the actual catalyst was for starting a series of blogs, aside from my interest in Finance and Technology, but months ago I had started bookmarking interesting weblinks and cutting out articles I read on matters from hedge funds to asset allocation. I was in a bookstore one day and started reading up on HTML programming and web page design. I had taken some engineering programming classes before, but never tried out any web design languages.

Since I'm quite busy these days with work, school, family and other hobbies, I was a bit discouraged that there wasn't something more user friendly and less time consuming to be able to get started. Then, I came across Google Blogger when I was checking out their Apps. I was genuinely surprised by how easy it was to start up a blog. Fortunately, I had just started after they started the "New Blogger" application, so I didn't have to do any migration from their old system. Within the first 15 minutes or so, I had a name and my first post up. From there, I started adding posts and ultimately decided to add additional blogs (like this one!), which are all manageable from the same account dashboard page.

Google Blogger is a "wysisyg" or What You See is What You Get type application. There is no HTML programming understanding required. It's completely visual and quite intuitive once you pick your template and start arranging where you want your text, your ads, your links, archive, etc.

The intent of this blog will be to share my experience as a new blogger in everything from sharing mistakes I've made to recent neat findings and activities. A key driver for most bloggers, of course, is to make a few dollars doing something you enjoy. So, I will focus on the evolution of blog startup to generating traffic to revenue generation. There are a ton of good blog resources out there; I will add those links and descriptions as I come across them. For now though, there's no sense in reading on if you don't have anything to talk about. So, we'll start with the concept and startup phase of your blog:

0 comments

Post a Comment