| 0 comments ]

My first Prosper Referral!

On the Everyday Finance site, I'd been touting the benefits of Lending and Borrowing through Prosper.com and my personal experience with the site. Recently, they launched an affiliate advertiser program whereby members could receive $25 bonus checks for referring new members. I simply have an affiliate ad prominently displayed on the site. This is not a pay-per-post type entry, as I'm currently a member and genuinely believe in the system, so I have no ethical quandaries promoting it (I was doing so well before the referral program was launched last week for free because I love the diversification and potential to exceed market returns on a risk-adjusted basis). Regardless, I got an email this morning highlighting my first success, the $25 was deposited in my account immediately.

There are plenty of other great affiliate programs out there. You can see some of them on my site. I've also listed a link to one of the ones I use to the left, Linkshare. Feel free to click through and sign up. If you have a blog and want to advertise for anything from credit cards to web hosting, click through and check it out. It's easy to set up (and I'll get like a buck or something if you do so through here!).

You're not allowed to ask folks to click on Google ads, but affiliate programs want users to click through since content owners are ONLY paid when an actionable event occurs - i.e. purchase, sign up for free trial, etc.

0 comments

Post a Comment